Butterflies eat sugar syrup, juicy citrus or crushed bananas. The butterfly must be fed once a day. The easiest way to feed a butterfly is to cook sugar syrup for it or buy special food for butterflies in our shop.
Stir one or two teaspoons in a glass of warm water and pour a small amount on any surface or saucer.
Take the butterfly as shown in the picture and place the front legs on a dainty treat.
If the butterfly has not spread its proboscis, take a toothpick and spread it yourself so that it touches the food. If the proboscis is left in the food – the butterfly eats, if the proboscis has curled up – the butterfly is not hungry and can be fed later.
how to feed the butterflies and how to hold the butterfly
How to take care of tropical butterflies at home
The butterfly must be sprayed with water 2-5 times a day. Just make two or three sprays from the sprayer above the butterfly from a distance of 20-30 centimeters. This will prevent the wings from drying out.
At night, put the butterfly in a box (the size, for example, in a shoe), in which you put a piece of damp cotton wool or buy a house for butterflies in our shop or a special house for butterflies.
- You can only take a butterfly by the calf at the base of the wings;
- The butterfly is active at temperatures above 20 degrees.
- You can let a butterfly fly around the apartment. Butterflies like to sit on curtains;
- Butterflies, like many insects, fly to the light. In case a butterfly gets into the chandelier, just turn off the light and take out the butterfly;
- It’s better to feed the butterfly in a chilled room;
- Butterflies live from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.